Project: Russian Strategy in Africa
- Here's how Russia is making its biggest geopolitical shift since the time of Peter the Great, 300 years ago
- Voting Practices of Sub-Saharan States of Africa at the UN General Assembly: Latest Trends and Underlying Strategies
- RIAC and Africa Business Initiative Strategic Session on New Prospects for Cooperation and Honest Communication between Russia and Africa
- Conference “Leadership and Power in Africa in the Past and the Present: Studies in Russia, Tanzania and Beyond”
- Section of the Institute for African Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences “African vector of the Foreign Policy of the Russian Federation” at the XIII RISA Convention
- Red Cross in the Central African Republic. Meeting with Bruce Biber, Head of ICRC Delegation in the CAR
Project goals: analyze the interests of Russia, the countries of the Middle East and the EU, Asian countries and the USA in the countries of the African continent; determine strategic approaches of Russia's foreign partners to cooperation with African countries; perform mid- and long-term forecasting of trends in the development of international relations on the African continent; and prepare recommendations for Russian government agencies.
The project provides for detailed examination of the prospects for relations between Russia and China, Russia and Germany, Russia and Turkey, Russia and France in Africa; as well as Russia’s interaction with international institutions (BRICS, SCO, APEC) on African issues.
The project received the support of Mikhail Bogdanov, Deputy Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation, Special Presidential Representative for the Middle East and Africa.
Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC); Africa Business Initiative, Peking University (China), International Crisis Group (ICG), Center for Strategic Research of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey (SAM).
Key Publications of the Project:
RIAC and Africa Business Initiative Joint Report No.53 “Africa—Russia+: Achievements, Problems, Prospects”
Expert meeting on the situation in Libya.
Press conference on Russia—Africa relations with the participation of Mikhail Bogdanov, Deputy Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation, Special Presidential Representative for the Middle East and Africa.
Conference “Africa—Russia+” with the participation of representatives of ministries, departments, business structures, and academic community.